Sr. QA Engineer
: Gurgaon, India
The Senior QA Engineer is responsible for ensuring the quality of a major component of product functionality in an efficient and effective manner. Senior QA Engineer works on activities ranging from understanding proposed solution for product development, identifying test scenarios, preparing test data and executing tests/ tools to validate the software solutions for the client problems. They clearly communicate with leads, subject matter experts and delivery team.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Creates Test Plan suitable for testing product features or common product components considering all aspects of product quality (robustness, performance, functional, etc).
- Designs, develops and executes automated and manual tests that validate a specific feature or component of the product for performance and robustness.
- Develops, documents, and communicates the plans and status of the testing activities for a product feature or common product components.
- Mentors, via training or detailed guidance, other junior team members successfully perform their assigned tasks and activities.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective methods for ensuring product quality using expertise and knowledge in areas of market, business and technology.
- Maintains and enhances automation test tools, manual testing procedures, non-functional testing tools (performance, security, etc), test repositories, and test tracking methods.
- Works with other senior engineers, inside and outside of QA, to build streamlined product testing strategies and improved quality processes.
Required Skill sets:
- Communicate plans, milestones and their status on weekly basis with managers and other stakeholders
- Communicate with cross functional teams to understand customer, sales focus and align deliverables.
- Ability to “think outside the box”.
- Self motivated showing an attention to detail and focus on task completion
- Designs communication framework
- Influences immediate team. Mentor, train and support QA engineers in use of processes.
- Good experience as software Tester/ QA Engineer/Sr. QA Engineer.
- Minimum 1 year experience in owning functional testing of modules.
- BE/MCA with reputed institute.
- Experience to work with large data sets i.e., ERP/ SCM/ Manufacturing/ distribution environment and to use configuration management system is preferred.
- Knowledge of issue tracking software like JIRA is preferred.
- Knowledge of API testing using tools or through manual.
- Expert in writing queries/ procedures at SQL Server or other database.
- Experience in working with Excel advanced functions with Strong analytical capabilities.
- Work for a sustained duration (2-3 months) on owning the validation of software product in the areas of cost, operations and supply chain as individual contributor in a team is preferred.
- Identifying test scenarios required for functional/regression/performance/ usability/compatibility tests etc for module assigned.
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent Team Player